Sometimes a Remote Controlled Plane Needs a Little Edge!
Enter The Edge 540T V2. An rc electric plane and fully 3D aircraft, that comes ready to fly. By Fully 3D we mean the edge 540T is capable of knife edge, rolls, inverted flight, hovering, and much more. A new brushless inner runner 3600kv motor with gear drive boasts 30% More Power, while a New 11 x 4.7 "No Flex" Resin Prop and Larger Battery Bay hold larger capacity Li-poly batteries. New! Advanced Li-poly 2 and 3 cell balanced peak charger included. The Edge 540T Electric RC Plane arrives at your door with everything you need to get it into the air and features plug and play construction for easy maintenance and dis-assembly.
Go Ahead, Have Some Fun!Specifications
- Radio: 2.4Ghz Radio and Rx,
- Battery: 3 cell Li-Poly 1800 mah,
- Motor: Brushless 3600 kv Inrunner,
- Wingspan: 36.6",
- Length: 33.1",
- Weight: 20oz,
- Range: 3,000 ft,
- Flying Time: 20 Minutes, Battery Charger: 3 cell 90 Min.
- Balanced Peak Charger.
What Do These Features Mean? Radio/Receiver: PPM Stands for Pulse Position Modulation. PPM is advantageous because the electronics required to decode the signal are small, light-weight receiver/decoder units, allowing for faster more controlled piloting. Trim tabs are the fine tuning dials on your transmitter that allow for precision control and maneuvering. Battery: Although a step below Li-Poly, NiMH batteries are considered superior to NiCD as they are 3-4 more powerful and don't have to be completely discharged before you can charge them up again. NiCD are also considered toxic as they are made from CadmiumControl Surfaces: The Four Primary controls of an airplane are:
- Throttle (motor control, or speed control. Think of propeller)
- Elevator (Hinged section of the back of the tail that move up and down, when they are up the nose goes up for climbing, when they are down the nose goes down for diving. This is known as the pitch altitude)
- Ailerons (Hinged sections of the back of the Wing for rolling. One side goes up while the other side goes down, this causes the roll motion)
- Rudder (The Tail's “FIN”). Used for steering, if the rudder turns left the plane foes right and vice versa)
These are collectively known as control surfaces, these are the same as those found on real airplanes and control the RC model in exactly the same way.